Established in 1946
The Smoke House was built at the end of WWII and is one of the few L.A. restaurants of that era to survive to today. It has the décor and aura of a different age and has grown steadily with the growth of the movie industry and through word of mouth in the Burbank community.
The original restaurant was located at the corner of Pass and Riverside avenue and seated 46 people and was enjoyed by local luminaries such as Bob Hope and Bing Crosby. The Smoke House was so successful and packed with customers that they soon began looking for a new building. In 1949 the Smoke House moved to its current location where the Red Coach Inn was built.
Deep in Movie History
Built beside the world-famous Warner Brothers lot in Burbank, California, The Smoke House is a favorite hang out for actors, producers, and anyone else in the industry. In the 60’s it was common to come in for lunch and find the place filled with costumed cowboy and Indian extras having lunch.